BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Maple Syrup Festival Ohio


CLICK ON PICTURES TO SEE MORE DETAIL










This festival was really interesting, I have tons of pictures and once I make an album in flickr, I will post the links to them here for those interested in seeing everything involved. It was really nice, they would pick us up at the visitor center with tractors hauling a trailer plank with hay or an actual trailer designed to haul people seated. Then once to the barn we waited to get on long carriages drawn by large work horses. They limited how many people would be on each one. Once everyone was ready we went up hill to the woods where there were countless maple trees tapped for syrup. It was well worth the trip, they were very informational and I'll include all of the information with each picture I post later.

It is so amazing how the Lord has provided all kinds of wonderful things to add more flavor and wonder into our lives. The native gentleman explained that the natives of our area would spend hours making one small maple sugar chunk from gallons of maple sap. Believe me, maple sugar tastes way different than normal sugar. It was about 42 degrees out, the sun was shinning just enough that the cold was very tolerable. My hair smells of camp fire and maple, lol which isn't too bad at all.

0 comments: